Dr. Jim Christman, Associate Professor of Education
Office Location: Ezell 106
Faculty Phone: 615.966.5185
Faculty Fax: 615.966.7628
Title: Associate Professor, Educational Leadership in Masters of Education Program
Courses: Learning Focused Leadership, Communications, Collaboration and Community Relations, Organizational Learning and Change, Curriculum Design and Assessment
Start Date at Lipscomb: August 2011
- B.S., Majors in history and social sciences with minors in education and English (Middle TN State University)
- M.Ed., Majors in educational administration and supervision (Middle TN State University)
- Ed.D., Major in curriculum and instruction development (Tennessee State University)
Area of Expertise:
- Educational leadership and management
- Classroom management,
- Hiring practices,
- School law,
- Professional development for schools,
- Organizational management
- Personnel management practices
Primary Research Interest:
- Effective teaching strategies
- Career interest for high school students
- How educational staff may help students in career selection
- Management and organizational leadership
Grants and Contracts Awarded:
- Previously awarded contracts for providing professional development seminars for public schools
Awards and Honors:
- First President Tennessee Correctional Educational Association
- Top three highest ranked adjunct professors in the College of Education at MTSU, 13 consecutive years
- Association for Supervision and Curriculum Development (ASCD)
- Phi Delta Kappan
- Tennessee Association for Supervision and Curriculum Development (TASCD)
- "Classroom Management Techniques"
- "Using Effective Questioning to Enhance Learning"
- "Engaging Students to Raise Test Scores"
- "School Law as it Applies to the Classroom"
- "Discipline and Effective Instruction, You Can’t Have One Without the Other"
- Principal, Rutherford County School System - Daniel McKee Alternative School
- Senior Consultant – Tennessee State Department of Education
- Assistant Director of Education – Tennessee Department of Correction