Education Specialist (Ed.S.) in Reading Specialty
Program at a glance
- Earn an Ed.S. degree and the Reading Specialist endorsement in PreK-12
- Complete the program in less than two years
- Evening, weekend and online classes
- 20% In-Service scholarship for full-time educators
- Select courses offered at four different locations
This program, designed for licensed teachers, focuses on collaboration and leadership while learning the most effective mentoring and coaching practices. The Ed.S. in Reading Specialty emphasizes a balanced approach to literacy, implements the Common Core English and Language Arts Standards, and concentrates on diagnosis and remediation of reading disabilities. Candidates will earn an Ed.S. degree and an endorsement as a Reading Specialist in PreK-12.
This program can be completed in less than two years and is designed to fit your busy schedule with classes on weeknights, Saturdays and online.
**The University offers a generous 20% In-Service scholarship for current educators and alumni. Financial aid is available to all who qualify and other grants may be available.