See our progress
While Lipscomb:Next will keep us occupied for the next five years, we’re tracking a lot of milestones along the way. Thanks to the help of our donors, we’ve made great strides already.
Over the next 18 months, we will first focus our energy on expanding our offerings in the health sciences. Demand for health care workers has only grown in recent years, outstripping the number of qualified, available professionals. In true Lipscomb fashion, having seen a vital need we will do our best to fill it.
School of Nursing Building
A state-of-the-art $7 million, 24,800-square-foot building located adjacent to the Hughes Center featuring collaborative learning spaces and classrooms, laboratory spaces, a café, faculty offices and student work areas.
Expansions to McFarland Science Center
A much-needed expansion and renovation plan to accommodate chemistry, physics and other core sciences that will include new spaces for labs and classrooms.
Burton Health Sciences Center
First floor and clinic remodel to meet the needs of more students.
Pharmacy Research Building
A new building that will house significant classroom, clinical and faculty research opportunities.
In addition to the area of health science, future projects in the Lipscomb:Next five year plan include:
- Swang Business Center expansion to nearly double its size.
- Lipscomb Campus School expansion, including a new Middle School, a new High School and athletic improvements.
- College of Education Building and Conference Center
- Significant library renovation to equip it for digital information storage and retrieval.
- New and renovated residence halls.
- Intercollegiate athletics expansion.