Third Annual Everett Ferguson Lecture in Early Christian Studies
Jeff Childers, Abilene Christian University, Trevor Thompson, Abilene Christian University, Tera Harmon, Abilene Christian University, and Ron Heine, Northwest Christian University, Conveners
- Sidney Griffith, Professor of Syriac Patristics and Christian Arabic, Catholic University of America, "Christians at Home in the 'World of Islam': The Legacy of Christian Theology in Arabic."
The J. J. M. Roberts Lecture in Old Testament Studies
Rick Marrs, Pepperdine University, and Mark Hamilton, Abilene Christian University, Conveners
- F. W. Dobbs-Allsopp, Princeton Theological Seminary: "Isaiah's Love Song: A Reading of Isa 5:1-7."
Doctoral Students in Theology
"Doctor of Ministry Research Presentations: Reflective Praxis for Congregations."
Dave Bland, Harding School of Theology, Carson Reed, Abilene Christian University, John York, Lipscomb University, Conveners
- Daniel McGraw, Abilene Christian University, “Formulating an Intentional Curriculum for Spiritual Leadership Development at the West University Church of Christ”
- Devin Swindle, Harding School of Theology, “The Kerusso Experience: A Resource for Calling Teenaged Students to the Ministry of Preaching.”
- Patricia H. Brock, Lipscomb University, “The Long-term Effects of Racism on Reconciliation”
“The Resources Preachers Use: Survey Results of Church of Christ Preachers”
Dave Bland, Harding School of Theology, Convener
- Dave Bland, Harding School of Theology
- Bob Turner, Harding School of Theology
- Steven Hovater, Cedar Lane Church of Christ, Tullahoma, TN, Respondent
- Steve Rouse, Pepperdine University, Respondent
- Kevin Owen, College Hills Church of Christ, Lebanon, TN
“‘Justice’ in World Literature: International Contexts, Contrasts, and Conflicts"
Darryl Tippens, Abilene Christian University, Convener
- Jeanine B. Varner, Abilene Christian University: “The Language of Justice in Chinua Achebe’s Things Fall Apart”
- Steve Weathers, Abilene Christian University: “J.M. Coetzee's Disgrace: Jurisprudential Gulfs and Continental Drift”
- Beatriz Walker, Abilene Christian University: “Theater as the Voice of Justice: Benedetti's Paradigm in Pedro y el Capitán”
- Carole Carroll, Lubbock Christian University: Respondent
“Rethinking the Roots of Environmental Ethics: A Biblical Perspective”
- Dave Bland, Harding School of Theology, “Creation, Character, and Wisdom”
- Nathan Myers, Harding School of Theology, “Pentateuchal Law and the Question of Animal Ethics”
- Bobby Valentine, Palo Verde Church of Christ, Tucson, Arizona, “Earth, Animals, People, Do not Fear: The Hope of Israel in Joel’s Liturgy”
- Christopher Doran, Pepperdine University, “Hope in an Age of Climate Change: Creation Care this Side of the Resurrection”
“What Money Can’t Buy: The Moral Limits of the Market: A Review and Discussion”
- Rolland Pack, Freed-Hardeman University, Emeritus, Education Panelist
- Layne Keele, Jones School of Law, Faulkner University, Law Panelist
- David Johnson, Faulkner University, Finance Panelist
- Allen Frazier, Harding University, Business Panelist
- Peter Rice, Harding University, Bible Panelist
“Justice in the Novels of Toni Morrison: Reading Morrison in Light of the Black Lives Matter Movement”
- Ronna Privett, Lubbock Christian University, “The [In]Justice of Sethe’s Punishment in Toni Morrison’s Beloved”
- Steven T. Moore, Abilene Christian University, “The Death of Unarmed Black Men: The Prophetic Voice of Toni Morrison in The Bluest Eye"
- Susan Blassingame, Lubbock Christian University, “Justice and the Seven Days: Racism and Retribution in Morrison’s Song of Solomon”
- Norma J Burgess, Lipscomb University, Respondent
Click here to see the 2015 Sessions Archive.