A welcome from the dean
You are in the process of making one of the most significant decisions in your life: which university you will entrust to prepare you for a successful, meaningful life in health care. And, as they say in the airlines, we know you have a lot of other choices.
What I want you to know is that this is a very different choice. Yes, here you benefit from the academic excellence and rigorous professional preparation that put our graduates in very high demand. We are fully accredited and, in fact, continually receive very high accolades for the depth and scope of our programs from our accrediting bodies. Our placement rate upon graduation into further professional education and employment is consistently in the very high 90 percentiles.
But what makes this choice different is that you will receive a superior education in the health sciences of your choice that is integrated with Christian faith and practice. We deeply believe that health care, wellbeing and faith are closely related. We also know that the type of caring, giving people who are attracted to health care professions are looking for opportunities in their education to use these elements. That’s why community and global service are so much a part of the program here. Our graduates tell us we do this well, and it is what they most value about their Lipscomb experience.
If this sounds like the kind of education you are looking for, come visit.
Roger Davis, Pharm.D.
Dean, College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences
Key things to know about Lipscomb’s College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences:
- First College of Pharmacy in Middle Tennessee
- First of colleges of pharmacy in the area to establish residency programs
- Offers intentional coursework on the intersection of ethics and practice in health sciences
- Offers one of the few master’s degrees in the nation that combines exercise and nutrition
- Award-winning student activities in nursing, pharmacy and dietetics
- Faculty who serve in key positions in both statewide and national organizations
- Significant primary research in pharmaceuticals especially in the area of pain management
Dr. Roger Davis, Dean, firstname.lastname@example.org, 615.966.7160, phone 800.333.4358, x.7160, toll-free
Lorie Browning, Administrative Assistant, email@example.com phone, 615.966.7160, 615.966.7163, fax