The Marriage and Family Therapy Program admits new students each fall. The program accepts applications between November 1 and June 30 of each year.
The Professional Counseling, Psychology, and Certificate programs offer two application cycles per academic year, fall semester and spring semester. Although these programs have rolling admission, all applications must be complete before July 1 for Fall admission or November 1 for Spring admission.
2. Application Fee: A non-refundable $50 application fee must be submitted online with a credit card or by check before the application is evaluated by the admissions committee.
3. Official Transcripts: To be admitted as a graduate student in any graduate program, the Registrar's Office requires an official transcript from all universities and colleges previously attended. Each applicant must have an undergraduate degree with at least a 3.0 or better. Please allow 4-6 weeks for transcript delivery.
4. Standardized Test Scores: The official standardized test for admissions into the Graduate Psychology and Counseling Program is the GRE General Test. An applicant must receive a combined score of 800 or higher on the Verbal and Quantitive portions of the GRE (or equivalent score on the revised test) for admission.
5. References: Each applicant is required to submit three references. The references selected need to be individuals who know you well and who are able to comment on your academic and interpersonal skills. Click here for Reference Form.
6. Essay: The admissions committee wants to know (1) how the university can assist your personal and career goals, (2) why you are seeking a degree in your chosen area and (3) what you expect to receive from the program.
7. On-Campus Interview: After all application documents are received and academic requirements are met, the program director and academic committee will ask you to come on campus for an interview.
REGISTRATION NOTICE: After admission has been confirmed, graduate students are required to submit additional documentation to begin registering for courses. To view and download these forms please click here.
Please send all materials to:
Graduate Psychology, Counseling, and MFT
ATTN: Elena Zemmel
One University Park Drive
Nashville, TN 37204
To check your application status please contact our office at 615.966.2000.