Master's in Civic Leadership Admissions Checklist
The Nelson and Sue Andrews Institute for Civic Leadership is now accepting applications for Fall. For questions, please contact the Andrews Institute at 615.966.6155.
- Application Form. Each applicant must complete an application form.
- Application Fee. Each application should be accompanied by a $50 nonrefundable application fee ($75 for international students).
- Standardized exam score. Each applicant must submit scores from one of the following: the Graduate Record Examination (GRE), the Miller Analogy Test (MAT) or the Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT). For more information on the GRE, visit http://www. ets.org/ and click on GRE. The MAT is offered on campus, please click here for more information. Students who have already earned a master’s level degree may apply to the program without submitting a standardized test score.
- References. Each applicant is required to submit two references: professional, academic and/or personal.
- Official Transcript(s). Each applicant must submit an official transcript, showing degree conferral when appropriate, from all schools attended.
- Essay. Please write a 2-3 page double-spaced essay giving your reasons for pursuing a degree in civic leadership and any community, region or state issues of particular interest to you. This is an informal essay - tell us your story- what shaped you, what matters to you and what future you see for yourself and your community, region or state.
- Health Form. Each applicant must submit a completed health form signed by a health care provider. (To print a copy of the health form, click here).
- FERPA. The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act affords students certain rights of access to educational records; even if you are independent of your parents, you must submit this form prior to enrollment. Click here to download.
- Resume. A resume detailing the applicant’s work and academic experience is required.
- TOEFL. The Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) is required for international students. (See section titled International Students for more information.)
All application items should be submitted to The Nelson and Sue Andrews Institute for Civic Leadership no later than June 1. Classes begin in August. Forms should be mailed to: Graduate Studies in Civic Leadership, Lipscomb University, One University Park Drive, Nashville TN 37204-3951.
**If you are interested in financial aid, please go to the Admissions Information page for helpful information.
To check your application status, please contact the Andrews Institute at 615.966.6155.