Traveling Club Sports
LIPSCOMB UNIVERSITY TRAVELING CLUB SPORTS
Sports clubs at Lipscomb University are student-created, student-driven competitive clubs, formed for the purpose of bringing students together in friendly competition around the sports for which they are passionate. Lipscomb University encourages any student wishing to form a club to reach out to your peers, meet with appropriate university personnel, and strive to bring the best experience possible to everyone you encounter through this endeavor.
Traveling Sport Clubs at Lipscomb University are registered student organizations formed by individuals who are motivated by a common interest in expanding their proficiency and participation in a specific sport. Traveling Sport Clubs are to be initiated and run by students who share these similar interests. Traveling Sport Clubs at Lipscomb University give students an opportunity to participate in competitive sport activities, learn and develop their skill sets, and gain leadership experience, all while enjoying the recreational and social fellowship derived from sport involvement.
The concept of this program is to provide students the opportunity to compete against other students outside of Lipscomb University. All current students are eligible to join any Traveling Sport Club regardless of experience or ability. Lipscomb University faculty and staff may assist in Traveling Club Sports as an advisor and/or coach.
REQUIREMENTS TO BECOME AN OFFICAL CLUB
If a group of students has an interest in starting a club, they should follow these procedures listed below:
- A representative should fill out the club proposal form and set up a meeting with the director of campus recreation.
Club Proposal Form
- During the meeting the representative will discuss the overall organization of the club, their goals, club requirements, and travel expectations.
- After the meeting, the team Waiver Liability Form must be completed and turned in before becoming an official club team.
- Official sign-off by Lipscomb University officials is required before teams are officially recognized and considered formed. Until this point, no competitive play under the Lipscomb University name can be conducted.
- The Travel Itinerary and Travel Roster forms must be turned in before each trip.
CODE OF CONDUCT
The Code of Conduct shall serve as a guideline for how Clubs and individual club members are expected to behave while participating. Students enrolled at Lipscomb University assume an obligation to conduct themselves in a manner compatible with the University’s function as an educational institution. By competing in Club Sports, a team and its’ members are agreeing to represent their Club and University in a way that does not detract from the reputation of the institution they are representing. Each member is obligated to display sportsmanship-like behavior before, during, and after any competition.
Following will not be tolerated:
- Use of drugs, except for medical purposes (note of prescription is required)
- Consumption of alcohol
- Any attempt to physically harm an opposing player, official, coach, or spectator
- Use of obscene gestures, profanity or disrespectful language
- Violate any host university and/or hotel rules or policies
If any of these are conducted by a Club member, the club president will meet with the Director of Campus Recreation, as well as other appropriate university personnel, to discuss next steps.
- Note that sports clubs are student-created and student-driven.
- Fundraising is the responsibility of the team members.
- ?CAMPUS RECREATION DOES NOT OFFER FUNDING OF ANY KIND FOR CLUB SPORTS
- Logistics for games, practices, travel, etc., are the responsibility of the team.
- Faculty/staff of the university can participate as a coach or sponsor, but responsibility for running the club remains that of the members.
- Any faculty/staff participation is on a voluntary basis outside of their regular university duties, unless otherwise specified by university officials.
- Student Government Association (SGA):
- Fill out a request form at http://www.lipscomb.edu/sga
- Valerie M. Hicks
- Sales Representative
- 525 Saddle DriveNashville, TN 37211
- Mobile: 615-927-1205
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org://vhicks.geigermall.com