How to Register and Become Official
For your convenience, we have made it possible to select your classes for spring, summer and fall, as well as completely register and become an official student -- all via the web!
Note: You may be asked to register your vehicle before you can proceed to step 4.
Step 1: Check Registration Eligibility
Your administrative holds, academic standing, student status, classification, and curriculum are displayed, and any effect on your registration/class selection is shown.
Step 2: Select, Drop, or Add Classes
Visit your advisor to pick up Class Selection Instructions and your Class Selection PIN (i.e. Alternate PIN).
Step 3: Display Schedule by Day & Time
View your course schedule in a calendar format. Print and review this schedule to verify your course selection. You will need to take this schedule with you when purchasing your books at the bookstore.
Step 4: Pay/Satisfy Financial Obligations
Check your account balance, review your Financial Aid award package, and verify your official registration status. You can pay with a bank account (no additional fees) or with a credit card (a convenience fee will be added). You can also sign up for a monthly payment plan.
After completing all steps and having a "0" balance, you will be officially registered!
For more detailed registration instructions, click here.
If you have any questions about the registration process, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800.333.4358 x. 1778 or 615.966.1778.
Is your financial aid in place to make you official?
Checklist for Financial Aid (must be done for fall semester each year and for new students for spring)
- I have requested separate parent and student pin numbers from www.pin.ed.gov and have received the pin numbers either by mail or by e-mail. I will use these pin numbers to sign the FAFSA online when I apply.
- I have completed the FAFSA. The Free Application for Federal Student Aid is available online at www.fafsa.ed.gov and should be completed by March 1 each year for priority consideration. I have printed a copy for my records. I included my e-mail address so that I will be notified when my SAR (Student Aid Report) is ready for me to view. I included Lipscomb University’s school code, 003486, so that they will electronically receive the results.
- I have received my SAR and checked it for accuracy. I have sent any corrections that needed to be made. I have printed a copy for my file.
- If I am selected for Verification, I have provided all requested documentation to the Financial Aid Office.
- If I have been awarded a Federal Stafford Loan or a Federal Perkins Loan, I have accepted my loans on myLipscomb, completed Entrance Counseling, and completed the Master Promissory Note on the www.studentloans.gov website.
- If my parents are applying for a Parent Plus Loan, they have applied for the Parent Plus loan and completed the Master Promissory Note on the www.studentloans.gov website.
- If I am a first-time Stafford Loan borrower OR I have changed my lender OR I am a Transfer Student, I have completed a Direct Loan Master Promissory Note and the Entrance Counseling on the www.studentloans.gov website.