Lipscomb University Computer Purchasing
Purchasing a computer for use on campus at Lipscomb is an efficient procedure that involves a few steps.
Dell and Apple are our preferred vendors. Lipscomb University has a special pricing arrangement and our workstation technicians are trained on supporting and repairing Dell and Apple computers.
To order a Dell computer:
- Contact the Computer Center at extension 6000 and request access to the Dell Premier site. You will be given a log-on to the special pricing page
- Once logged on to www.premier.dell.com, you will be presented with various options that can be purchased (desktops, laptops, and accessories). Follow the instructions on the site for configuring the computer with the components you need. (If you have any questions, please call our Technical Support Line at ext. 1777. They can help you configure the correct options for your use.)
- At the end of the configuration process an E-Quote is created for your specific computer. Email the E-Quote to the budget manager of your department.
- Your budget manager will confirm that budget monies are available to purchase the computer and then forward the E-Quote and your department account numbers to LCC Requests.
- The Computer Center technical support staff will confirm the final configuration and place the order with Dell. They will schedule installation when it arrives.
To order an Apple computer:
- Create an Apple ID using your Lipscomb email address on http://www.apple.com/edu/lipscomb/inst/
- Once logged onto the apple site, choose the model and components you need. If you have any questions, please call our Technical Support Line at ext 1777. They can help you configure the correct options for your use. Once you have configured your desired computer, Click “Create Proposal”
- Enter your information on the Proposal Form and put LCCRequests@lipscomb.edu in the field for Purchasing Agent.
- You will receive a confirmation email from Apple. Forward that message on to your budget manager for approval. Your budget manager will confirm that the budget monies are available to purchase the computer by forwarding the confirmation email and department account numbers to LCC Requests to complete the order.
- The Computer Center technical support staff will confirm the final configuration and place the order with Apple. They will schedule installation when it arrives.
For additional questions and assistance, contact Deidra Piatt at ext. 5881.