John E. Crawford
Assistant Dean for Assessment and Acreditation
Office: Swang - 214
- 1988 University of Alabama PhD
- 1980 University of Alabama MBA
- 1977 University of Alabama AB
Teaching & Research Interests:
- Consumer Behavior
- Service Marketing
- Integrated Marketing Communications
- Principles of Marketing
- Promotional Strategy
- Consumer Behavior
- Special Topics in Marketing
Awards & Recognitions:
- 1995 – Inducted into Delta Mu Delta, National Honor Society in Business Administration
- 1989 – Selected for membership into Beta Sigma Gamma, the Honor Society for Collegiate Schools of Business
- 1986 – Awarded Membership into Alpha Mu Alpha, the National Marketing Honorary
- Crawford, John E. and William H. Motes (1993), “Toward a Better Understanding of Cross-Cultural Pricing Tactics,” International Journal of Management, 10, no. 3.
- Crawford, John E. (2006), “A Small Town Practice: Seeking New Directions,” a marketing case published in the fall 2006 conference proceedings of the Atlantic Marketing Association.
- Crawford, John E. (2006), “The Shepherd’s Pasture Coffee House,” a marketing case published in the fall 2006 conference proceedings of the Society for Marketing Advances.
- Crawford, John E. (2007), “How to Float a Boat: The Resurrection of Chris-Craft—A Marketing Case.” Published in the fall 2007 conference proceedings of the Atlantic Marketing Association.
- Crawford, John E. (2008), “A New Beginning: Indian Motorcycle Corporation.” A marketing case published in the fall 2008 conference proceedings of the Atlantic Marketing Association.
Accepted for Publication
- Crawford, John E. (2009), “Original Case Writing as a Teaching Method.” A paper to be published in the 2009 conference proceedings of the Society of Business, Industry, and Economics.
Spiritual & Community Activities:
- Chair, Board of Directors of the Children's Christian Center, West End Church of Christ
- "8 The LORD is compassionate and gracious; slow to anger, abounding in love. 9 He will not always accuse, nor will he harbor his anger forever; 10 he does not treat us as our sins, According to what we deserve, or repay us according to our iniquities. 11 For as high as the heavens are above the earth, so great is his love for those who fear him; 12 as far as the east is from the west, so far has he removed our transgressions from us. 13 As a father has compassion on his children, so the LORD has compassion on those who fear him; 14 for he knows how we are formed, he remembers that we are dust." - Psalm 103:8-14 (New International Version)
- I am married to Lori and the father of two children, Lauren and Sterling .