Charles G. (Chuck) Capps
Assistant Professor, Management
Office: Swang 254
- 2000 Michigan State University, PhD
- 1995 Michigan State University, MLIR
- 1983 Mississippi State University, MS
- 1981 University of Alabama, BS
Leadership Influences in Organizational Culture
Spirituality in Organizations
PMBA: Organizational Theory in Action (PMBA 6113)
MBA: Organizational Behavior (BU 6043)
Undergraduate: Principles of Management (MG 3503)
Undergraduate: Organizational Behavior: Global Perspectives (MG 4403)
Undergraduate: Human Resource Management (MG 4443)
Lipscomb University Associate Professor, Dept. of Management
Lipscomb University Assistant Provost, Adult Learning Programs
(United States Air Force, Lieutenant Colonel (Retired) 1985 – 2006)
USAF Officer Training Schools Associate Dean for Curriculum
Charleston Air Force Base Vice President for Human Resources
Randolph Air Force Base AF Personnel Center, Director of Human Resources
Randolph Air Force Base Executive Assistant to Vice Commander, Education & Training Command
Randolph Air Force Base Director, USAF Organizational Climate Survey
Michigan State University Ph.D. Program in Organizational Behavior and Industrial Relations
Air Force Academy Assistant Professor, Dept. of Behavioral Sciences & Leadership
Brooks Air Force Base Research Psychologist, Applied Artificial Intelligence
Academy of Management
Society for Human Resource Management
Society for Industrial and Organizational Psychology
- Capps, C.G. & Leroy, W. (2009). Project leadership and teamwork. In Larsen, W. and Chesley, J. A. (eds.), Space Acquisition Theory and Practice, Hillsdale, NJ: Lawrence Erlbaum.
- Capps, C. G. (2006). Leaders are teachers too. Leader Magazine, Maxwell Air Force Base, Alabama.
- Capps, C. (1984). The clinical and social effects of deafness in high-school aged children. Proceedings of the Southeastern Psychological Association, 120-148.
2009 Building organizational capabilities through management consulting. Academy of Management, Chicago, IL.
2007 Transformational leadership: New applications. Academy of Management, Philadelphia, PA.
Spiritual & Community Activities
Members of Harpeth Hills Church of Christ
Vacation Bible School Volunteer
Sunday School Teacher
Mission Work in Manuedero, Mexico
Leadership Advisory Board, University of Alabama College of Arts & Sciences
University of Alabama Alumni Association, Middle Tennessee Chapter
I am married to Kay Gillespie Capps and we have two children, Ross (Lipscomb ’10) and Kacey (THE University of Alabama ’12).