- Bachelor of Science (BS) in one of the biological sciences or closely related fields
- Specific course pre-requisites in cell biology, genetics, microbiology, immunology, and statistics
- Official transcripts
- Standardized test scores: we accept GRE (>300/>1000 on prior scoring system), MCAT (>24), DAT (>17), Biology MFT (>155).
- 3.0 undergraduate GPA
- 2 letters of recommendation – one academic reference and one character reference
Steps to Apply
- Application Form. Each applicant must complete an application form. The application can be completed online or downloaded in a PDF version**.
- Application Fee. Each application should be accompanied by a $50 nonrefundable application fee ($75 for international students).
- Standardized exam score. Each applicant must submit scores from an appropriate exam. The program accepts scores from the Graduate Record Examination (GRE), Medical College Admissions Test (MCAT), and Dental College Admissions Test (DAT). For more information on the GRE, visit http://www.ets.org/ and click on GRE. For more information on the MCAT, visit http://www.aamc.org. For more information on the DAT, visit http://www.ada.org. Students who have already earned a master’s level degree may apply to the program without submitting a standardized test score.
- References. Two reference forms are required as follows: one from a college or university administrator or professor and one from a professional supervisor/employer, or personal reference.
- Official Transcript(s). Each applicant must submit an official transcript, showing degree conferral when appropriate, from all schools attended. Mailing is :Graduate Studies in Biomolecular Science, Lipscomb University, One University Park Dr., Nashville, TN 37204-3951.
- Health Form. Each applicant must submit a completed health form signed by a healthcare provider. (To print a copy of the health form, visit http://healthcenter.lipscomb.edu/Uploads/38443.pdf).
- FERPA. The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act affords students certain rights of access to educational records; even if you are independent of your parents, you must submit this form prior to enrollment.
- Résumé. A résumé detailing the applicant’s work and academic experience is required.
- TOEFL. The Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) is required for international students. (See section titled International Students for more information.)
All application items should be submitted to the Graduate Studies in Biomolecular Science office no later than 15 days before the beginning of the semester or term in which the student plans to enroll. Forms should be mailed to: Graduate Studies in Biomolecular Science, Lipscomb University, One University Park Drive, Nashville TN 37204-3951.