Conflict Management Certificate
The 15-hour Certificate in Conflict Management provides students with a core understanding of the principles of conflict management. This graduate certificate is designed to provide students with a broad perspective on conflict management and is intended to be a set of skills applied directly to a career in progress. In addition to the first three core courses, a "settings" course is required as part of the certificate so that the student can apply conflict management principles and techniques within a specific professional context. The final course is chosen by the student as either an internship or an applicable upper-level course. The certificate can be completed in as little as 6 months and is an excellent add-on to the professional resume. Courses are delivered as two-weekend blocks or online, and provide a flexible choice for busy schedules.
- ICM 5000 Introduction to Graduate Studies (non-credit)
- ICM 5003 Survey of Conflict Management
- ICM 5013 Negotiation and Settlement Processes
- ICM 5023 Mediation
Settings/Focus Electives (select one):
- ICM 5033 Conflict Management in Business and Commercial Settings
- ICM 5043 Conflict Management in Education Settings
- ICM 5053 Conflict Management in Healthcare Settings
- ICM 5063 Conflict Management in Religious Settings
- ICM 5073 Conflict Management Clinical Internship, or one additional elective course
- ICM 619V Special Topics: Conflict Management in Family Settings
One Additional Elective (any upper level course)
To view the catalog descriptions for these courses, click here.