A.W.L. scholarships are awarded on the basis of greatest need. Scholarships awarded each year are based on the money raised in the previous year. The selection process involves chapter members, the A.W.L. director and the Office of Financial Aid. Available funds are applied first to students who are current recipients (and have reapplied) and then to new students who qualify.
To maintain an A.W.L. scholarship, recipients MUST:
- Reapply annually for the scholarship. Reapplication for the 2014-2015 academic year must be received in our office by Feb. 14, 2014.
- New applications are due Feb. 28, 2014.
- Maintain a 2.0 GPA
- Remain free from any type of probation
- Must not exceed 126 attempted hours
- File a FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) by April 1 annually. This can be done online at www.fafsa.ed.gov
Application forms for new applicants can be requested in January from the A.W.L. office. Recipients are chosen from new applicants who meet all qualifications, and scholarships award based on need and available funds.