A.W.L. scholarships are awarded on the basis of greatest need. Scholarships awarded each year are based on the money raised in the previous year. The selection process involves chapter members, the A.W.L. director and the Office of Financial Aid. Available funds are applied first to students who are current recipients (and have reapplied) and then to new applicants. Employees and children of employees of Lipscomb University are not eligible for A.W.L. scholarships.
Once selected, A.W.L. scholarship recipients MUST:
- Reapply annually for the scholarship. Reapplication for the 2016-2017 academic year must be received in our office by Feb. 12, 2016. You will be contacted by the director after the start of the Spring semester each year.
- New applications are due Feb. 26, 2016. Applications must be received by the due date, not just postmarked by that date.
- Maintain a 2.0 GPA
- Remain free from any type of probation
- Must not exceed 126 attempted hours
- File a FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) by April 1 annually. This can be done online at www.fafsa.ed.gov
Application forms for new applicants may be requested from the A.W.L. office. Recipients are chosen from new applicants who meet all qualifications, and scholarship awards are based on need and available funds. Not all applicants are guaranteed an award.