The Lipscomb University Alumni Association offers a variety of events throughout the year that make it easy for alumni to connect to each other and the university. There is something for everyone!
To see photos from past events, click here
Lipscomb LIVE - Lipscomb LIVE is a series of weekend events in key geographic areas designed to connect with alumni, friends, prospective students and their families; to communicate the exciting Lipscomb story and vision with future alumni; and to convey to the greater community the importance of spiritual formation for the next generation.
- Family Weekend - A weekend for families with students attending the university. They participate in family-friendly activities, and get a chance to see what life it like for their student.
- GOLD Networking Event - A time for the young alumni of Lipscomb University to get together, catch up, and reconnect with the university.
- College Colors Day - In conjunction with the national College Colors Day celebration each August. The whole university community and Lipscomb alumni are encouraged to wear purple to show their Lipscomb spirit.
- Queen's Tea - A celebration specifically for alumni Queens to interact and mingle with the present Queen and her court. A great way to make them all feel like royalty.
- Young Alumnus of the Year - An award given to a recipient under 40 when the nominee exemplifies Lipscomb's values in his/her professional and personal lives. The recipient is given the opportunity to speak at December commencement.
- Alumnus of the Year - The highest award the university and the Alumni Association bestows. An award given to a recipient when the nominee exemplifies Lipscomb's values in their professional and personal lives. The recipient is given the opportunity to speak at May commencement.
- Distinguished Alumni Awards - Each college nominates a recipient for the award and the honorees are invited back to campus to enjoy a day of celebration.
- Black & White Graduation Party - The graduating seniors are invited to a special reception at the Lowry's home to welcome them into the Alumni Association and GOLD Network.
- Pepperdine Lecture Series Alumni Reception - Once a year the Office of Alumni Relations hosts an alumni reception for the alumni living in California on the campus of Pepperdine University.
- GOLD Community Service Project - A time for Lipscomb's young alumni to work together on a service project to benefit the local Nashville community.
- Alumni & Friends Tour - Each summer, the Office of Alumni Relations plans a trip for 30-40 people to various destinations. The summertime trips are typically 12 to 14 days in length. However, shorter trips also may be on the schedule throughout the year.
- 50th Reunion - During the weekend of commencement, those who graduated 50 years ago are welcomed back to campus to relive the good ol' days.
- Golden Circle Reunion - Those that have been graduated for 50+ years are invited back to campus to celebrate with the 50 Year Reunion Class, induct them into the Golden Circle, and host some festivities for the combined group.
- Summer Celebration Alumni Reception - The Office of Alumni Relations hosts an alumni reception for alumni who attend the annual Summer Celebration series at Lipscomb University during July.
- Summer Hostel - A week of learning for those who are interested in continuing their education after college. The week consists of field trips, classroom time, and making life-long friendships.
- GOLD Family Event - A family-friendly event for young alumni. "Gold Goes Wild" has been held Nashville Zoo at Grassmere the past three years. It's a great way to see Nashville and spend some time with other GOLD Network participants.
- Summer Send-Off Parties - The alumni association partners with the Parents Program and Office of Admissions to sponsor events in hometowns to send their freshmen off to Lipscomb University. Locations vary each year.