The Lipscomb University Alumni Association offers a variety of events throughout the year that make it easy for alumni to connect to each other and the university. To see photos from past events, click here
Lipscomb LIVE - Lipscomb LIVE is a series of weekend events in key geographic areas designed to connect with alumni, friends, prospective students and their families; to communicate the exciting Lipscomb story and vision with future alumni; and to convey to the greater community the importance of spiritual formation for the next generation.
- Herdcoming Weekend - A weekend for families with students attending the university. They participate in family-friendly activities, and get a chance to see what life is like for their student.
- GOLD Networking Event - A time for the young alumni (graduates in last 10 years) to get together, catch up and reconnect with the university.
- College Colors Day - In conjunction with the national College Colors Day celebration each August, the university community and Lipscomb alumni are encouraged to wear purple to show their Lipscomb spirit.
- Young Alumnus of the Year - An award given to an alum under 40 years old who exemplifies Lipscomb's values in his/her professional and personal lives. The recipient is given the opportunity to speak at December commencement.
- Alumnus of the Year - The highest award the university and the Alumni Association bestows, this honor is given to a graduate who exemplifies Lipscomb's values in their professional and personal lives. The recipient is given the opportunity to speak at May commencement.
- Distinguished Alumni Awards - Each college nominates a recipient for this award, and the honorees are invited back to campus to enjoy a day of celebration.
- Black & White Graduation Party - Graduating seniors are invited to a special reception at the presidents' home to welcome them into the Alumni Association and GOLD Network.
- Pepperdine Lecture Series Alumni Reception - Once a year the Office of Alumni Relations hosts an alumni reception for alumni living in California on the campus of Pepperdine University.
- GOLD (Graduates of the Last Decade) Community Service Project - A time for Lipscomb's young alumni to work together on a service project to benefit the local Nashville community.
- Alumni & Friends Tour - Each summer, the Office of Alumni Relations plans a trip for 30-40 people to various destinations. The summertime trips are typically 12 to 14 days in length, however, shorter trips also may be on the schedule throughout the year.
- 50th Reunion - During the weekend of the May commencement, those who graduated 50 years prior are welcomed back to campus to relive the good ol' days.
- Golden Circle Reunion - Those that have been graduated for 50+ years are invited back to campus to celebrate with the 50 Year Reunion Class, induct them into the Golden Circle, and host some festivities for the combined group.
- Summer Celebration Alumni Reception - The Office of Alumni Relations hosts an alumni reception for alumni who attend the annual Summer Celebration series at Lipscomb University in July.
- Summer Hostel - A week of learning for those who are interested in continuing their education after college. The week consists of field trips, classroom time, and building life-long friendships.
- GOLD Family Event - A family-friendly event for young alumni. "Gold Goes Wild" has been held at the Nashville Zoo at Grassmere the past three years. It's a great way to see Nashville and spend some time with other GOLD Network participants.
- Freshmen Send-Off Parties - The alumni association partners with the Parents Program and Office of Admissions to sponsor events in hometowns to send their freshmen off to Lipscomb University. Locations vary each year.