Want to make a change?
If you need to make a change in your area of interest (major), you’re at the right place! Just follow these simple steps:
1. This site is only for currently enrolled LU students. If you are an incoming student for a future semester---freshman or transfer--- you need to talk to admissions about the academic major they have on file for you.
2. This site IS NOT intended for a request to change advisors--- it is for changing your interest area. Please see your department chair to request to change advisors within a department.
3. If you are merely changing interests/majors that are contained in the same department, DO NOT submit this form. Your permanent advisor within that department will be assigned by the department chair when you formally declare your major. Until that time, you can remain with your current assigned advisor.
- If you’ve already declared your major, or if you are wanting to declare your major, this site IS NOT FOR YOU. You’ll need to go visit the Registrar’s Office (Crisman) to take care of major declaration.
- If you've received a notification from the Registrar's Office informing you that it's time for you to declare a major, DO NOT continue. You'll need to go by their office in Crisman and fill out some paperwork to officially declare your major.
- If your accumulated hours total at the end of this semester (inclusive of the hours you are currently taking this semester) is going to equal or exceed 50 hours, DO NOT use this form; you should plan to go ahead and formally declare your major. Your permanent advisor will be assigned by your department chair at that time. This form is intended solely for students who have at least 12 hours remaining before the time required to delcare a major.
- While you may request a particular advisor in your new interest area, please understand that it may not be possible to grant your request, due to the fact that we need to be able to keep the advising loads balanced.
- Also be aware that you must provide a Lipscomb email address for the response; forms without an LU address will not receive a response.
- Now click HERE.