McCadams Athletic Center
The McCadams Athletic Center
Images (Click Each Link to Expand)
Stepping In and Stepping Out Dinner
After a tremendous amount of planning and discussion, input from lead donors, approval of the McCadams family, and the enthusiastic support of our board of trustees, Lipscomb Academy is moving forward to construct and name a new athletic center to benefit all of our male and female athletes in honor of the Coach Glenn McCadams, who was our beloved longtime football coach and athletic director.
We are now putting into action one of the largest athletic moves in the history of our campus by building the new 25,000 square foot McCadams Athletic Center. Although this new building will be the centerpiece of the project, the plans call for renovation and expansion of the weight room, renovation of all locker rooms under the stadium, building a new co-ed sports medicine treatment facility, installation of new stadium lights, installation of field turf and other improvements.
These facilities are part of a master plan for the Academy’s athletic program and part of a larger vision that will launch the school into a new era of excellence. As a show of support, our Board of Trustees and Lipscomb University have "Stepped Up Their Game" by issuing a $3 million challenge pledge to this project.
Estimated total cost for project: $ 8 million
Gifts and Pledges to date: $ 6.2 million
We are counting on you, the Lipscomb community, to accept the challenge as we raise the remaining balance.
A committee of football alumni and friends have joined together to help make Coach Mac’s dream of a new facility a reality. We hope you’ll join us with your gift to this special project that will have a lasting impact on future generations at Lipscomb Academy.
We are entering a new day for Mustang athletics in a three-part initiative that is the largest of its kind in school history
McCadams Athletic Center
- First-class, state-of-the-art training facility for all sports that will offer female and male student athletes a place to develop skills such as agility, strength and speed
- Climate-controlled, turfed indoor practice facility - one of only three in Middle Tennessee
- Girls’ locker room
- Team meeting room and conference room with the latest in technology and audiovisual capabilities
- New public restrooms
- Outdoor terrace/special event space overlooking the football field
Stadium Addition and Renovation
- Expanded coed weight training room with new top quality equipment
- New coed sports medicine / physical therapy area
- Completely renovated football, junior varsity, and visitor locker room areas
- Renovated concessions area with improved access
- Mustang Plaza - An expansive plaza will connect the new McCadams Athletic Center to the Stadium and showcase the Academy’s rich history of excellence in athletics
Enhancing Facilities for Year-Round Sports
- Football field converted to artificial turf surface that will provide year-round use for multiple sports
- New stadium and track lighting, as well as a new scoreboard
- Victory Trail - this experiential walking surface will encircle the entire complex, complete with fitness stations and spiritual meditation spaces
Estimated Total Cost of the Entire Project: $8 Million
We invite you to become a part of this exciting project by making a gift or pledge today. Every gift is important and appreciated. The time is now to seize this unique opportunity to honor the legacy of a dear friend, mentor or coach, family member or sports team through a naming opportunity that will become a visible part of the academy campus for many years to come.
For more information or to discuss your investment, contact:
Greg J. Glenn
Head of School
Art Woods, CFRE
Associate Head of School for Advancement
Lipscomb Academy Parent
Athletic Fundraising Committee, Chair
Dr. Mike Roller
Associate Head of School for Athletics and Student Life