Presidential Scholars (first-time freshmen who have earned a 30 or above on the ACT or a 1390 (ERW + M) or above on the SAT who have been admitted to Lipscomb for Fall 2017 are eligible to apply for the Trustee Scholarship. This scholarship provides full tuition for ten exceptional students. All Trustee Scholarship recipients must maintain a GPA of 3.25 or above and live on campus for all four years.
Completed applications for the 2017 Trustee Scholarship must be submitted by January 3, 2017.
- Trustee Scholarship Cover Sheet with a recent picture of yourself.
- A resume outlining your leadership through school, church, work experience and community involvement, and any honors or achievements that you are particularly proud of. Your resume will be evaluated on content and professionalism, and should only be one page long.
- Write a 400-to-750-word essay according to the following instructions:
- Step 1: Read the provided article carefully (will be posted soon)
- Step 2: Answer the provided question (will be posted soon)
- Step 3: Compose a brief essay (750 words maximum, single spaced, 12 point font) that thoughtfully considers the questions above.
- The essay will be evaluated by the Department of English and the Office of Admissions.
- Submit items 1-3 as a single document.
- Request two reference letters that attest to your character, academic ability, and potential for leadership. Each of these letters should be written by a non-family member who knows you through your high school, community, or church, and did not serve as a reference on your behalf when you applied to Lipscomb. Please use this form to send instructions to the individuals who you intend to ask to write a letter on your behalf.
- Interview - Trustee Scholarship applicants must complete an in-person interview with the several members of the selection committee, which is made up of Lipscomb faculty, staff, and current students. You may schedule your interview for one of three available interview dates: Friday, January 20; Friday, January 27; Saturday, February 4. Once we have received all of the items listed above we will contact you to schedule your interview. Interviews dates and times will be assigned on a first-come, first-served basis, so be sure to submit your application materials as soon as possible to secure the date that you prefer.
Please email trusteescholarshi