Dollar for Dollar, Lipscomb is a Great Investment
Best Bang for the Buck:
- For the third year in a row, Kiplinger's named Lipscomb as one of the top 100 Best College Values in the country for private universities.
- In 2013, US News and World Report named Lipscomb University one of the top five regional universities in the South whose students graduate with the lest debt.
- In 2013, Lipscomb University's tuition was $4,000 below the national average for private four-year institutions (Based on the College Board's annual survey of colleges).
Nationally Recognized Academic Programs and Personal Attention:
- In 2014, Lipscomb University's secondary teacher training program was ranked #2 in the nation.
- In 2014, US News ranked Lipscomb University one of the top 20 regional universities in the South.
- Lipscomb's five-year average acceptance rate for graduates applying to medical school is double the national average.
- Lipscomb engineering students' pass rate on the FE exam is about 15% above the national average.
- The Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching ranked Lipscomb in the top 10% of universities in the nation for community engagement.
- 80% of Lipscomb's classes have 30 students or less, and 58% have 20 students or less.
- Lipscomb University's student to faculty ratio is 12:1.
Highly Marketable Graduates:
- 97% of Lipscomb University's May/August 2013 graduates had a positive career outcome (see notes on methodology below).
- In 2014, Lipscomb University was recognized by Colleges of Distinction for its engaged students, great teaching, vibrant community, and successful outcomes.
- Lipscomb University graduates have gone on to graduate, law, and medical school at places like Harvard, Yale, and Princeton. They have been hired at places like NASA, Intel, and The White House. Hard-working Lipscomb students are prepared for whatever it is they are dreaming about.
Positive Career Outcomes by College
Each year, about 100 companies recruit on campus for interns and full time opportunities through our career fair and information meetings for all types of majors.
Here are just a few of the employers that hired 2012/2013 Lipscomb graduates:
- BlueCross Blue Shield
- Thomas Nelson
- United Health Group
- Tennessee Performing Arts Center
- Frist Center for the Visual Arts
- Tennessee Legislature
- News Channel 5
- Metro Nashville Public Schools
Graduates are hired for positions such as:
- Account managers/Sales professionals
- Financial analysts
- Marketing coordinators
- Human resource recruiters
- Engineers - mechanical, electrical and civil
- Computer programmers
- Non-profit administrators and staff
- Youth ministers
- Social workers
- Social media specialists/Writers
- Public relations representatives
- Assistant producers
- Laboratory technicians
Many academic areas require an internship to graduate. A high percentage of students complete an internship by graduation. Lipscomb students make a great first impression on employers through the internship experience. In fact, 87% of Lipscomb interns were reported by employers to be outstanding.
Here are just a few of the employers who have hired a Lipscomb intern:
- CAT Financial
- The Tennessean
- Warner Music
- Nashville Predators
- Dave Ramsey
- Tennessee Titans
- National HealthCare Corporation
Many of Lipscomb's academic departments also partner with the Career Development Center to embed professional and career development into curriculum through:
- Resume writing
- Job search techniques
- Networking opportunities
- Interview preparation
- Professional mentors
All graduates who participate in the graduation ceremony are required to complete a survey answering questions about heir career outcomes. After graduation additional research and follow-up with graduates is led by the Career Development Center to define the career outcomes.