International Student Checklist
Here are the things you need to do to become a student at Lipscomb University, and the people who can help you do them:
1) Apply - review the steps to apply online here.
Rachel Stowe is your Admissions Counselor, and she can help you understand the admissions process, scholarships, transcript evaluation, English testing requirements, orientation and anything else related to the admissions process. You can contact Rachel at firstname.lastname@example.org or 615.966.6070.
2) Apply for a Scholarship
Apply for a scholarship by completing this short form.
3) Secure Your Visa and Health Insurance
Sylvia Braden is Lipscomb's Coordinator of International Student Services. After you have been admitted to Lipscomb University Sylvia can help you navigate the Visa process, make your tuition payments, and secure health insurance. Sylvia will ask you to complete this health form before you arrive on campus. You can contact Sylvia at email@example.com or 615.966.6151.
Lipscomb University welcomes international students to its campus. We intentionally reach out to the global community to embrace students from around the world to enrich our community. International students wishing to enroll at Lipscomb must meet the one of the following requirements in addition to being academically eligible:
1. Obtain a new initial I-20 from Lipscomb University, apply for, and be granted a visa to enter the United States. Students entering on an initial I-20 may not enter the country until 30 days prior to the beginning of the semester they are enrolled for.
2. Have a valid visa /I-20 in good standing in order to transfer to Lipscomb. (If the visa is expired and the I-20 is valid you may transfer. However, if you exit the U.S. you must renew your visa prior to re-entry). Lipscomb University is not required to accept an I-20 transfer.
3 .Current Lipscomb University international students who fall out of status and wish to apply for reinstatement or exit and re enter on a new I-20 must must meet with the Coordinator of International Student Services for advisement.
4) Register for Campus Housing and Select a Meal Plan
Andrea Breland is Lipscomb's Housing Coordinator, and she can help you reserve your dorm room and select a meal plan. After you have been admitted to Lipscomb University you can register for housing here, and select a meal plan here. You can contact Andrea at firstname.lastname@example.org or 615.966.6062.