Wahoo…you’re a Bison now! Welcome to Lipscomb University!
This year, we continue to welcome a record-breaking number of students to campus from around the world, all bringing with them a wide variety of academic, cultural, personal and social interests. And you're now a part of a new class with an exciting four years ahead of you.
In this section, you'll find everything you need to know about being part of the herd.
- Complete your FAFSA. You must complete the FAFSA to be eligible for any federal aid, and many state programs and private scholarship organizations also require you to complete the FAFSA to be eligible for their grants and scholarships. You can complete the FAFSA online at FAFSA.ed.gov.
- Submit your enrollment deposit and housing fee. The enrollment deposit saves your place in Lipscomb’s incoming class and allows you to register for Advance, our freshman orientation program, offered in June, July and August. Registration for Advance opens at the beginning of March. We must receive your enrollment deposit by May 1 (it is fully refundable until May 1 as well). Paying your housing fee will allow you to reserve your dorm room. You can submit your enrollment deposit and housing fee online beginning on February 1st.
- Keep an eye out for more information from Lipscomb. Once you’ve paid your enrollment deposit and housing fee you will:
- Join the “I’m coming to Lipscomb in 2015” Facebook group to stay in the loop and connect with your classmates.
- Try to improve your ACT/SAT scores. Lipscomb only considers your best test scores, which means you can qualify for better scholarships even after you’ve been admitted. We even administer the Residual ACT right here on campus.
- Review your financial aid package when you receive it in late March. We will send you your official financial aid package in late March. If you are admitted after March, you'll receive your financial aid package about 2 weeks after you are admitted.
- If you are a First-Time Freshman, plan to attend QuestWeek on August 18-23. Everyone in your class will arrive on campus a week before regular classes start in order to get to know each other, Lipscomb, and Nashville. QuestWeek is required for all freshmen and all transfers under the age of 21. The Quest Team will keep you busy with games, field trips, and important info sessions, and you will begin attending your freshmen seminar class this week as well. QuestWeek will be one of the best experiences of your freshman year!