Wahoo…you’re a Bison now! Welcome to Lipscomb University!
This year, we continue to welcome a record-breaking number of students to campus from around the world, all bringing with them a wide variety of academic, cultural, personal and social interests. And you're now a part of a new class with an exciting four years ahead of you.
In this section, you'll find everything you need to know about being part of the herd.
- Complete your FAFSA. You must complete the FAFSA to be eligible for any federal aid, and many state programs and private scholarship organizations also require you to complete the FAFSA to be eligible for their grants and scholarships. You can complete the FAFSA online at FAFSA.ed.gov.
- Submit your enrollment and housing fees beginning on February 1st. The enrollment fee saves your place in Lipscomb’s incoming class and allows you to register for Advance, our orientation program offered on June 16-17, July 14-15 and August 15-16. We must receive your enrollment fee by May 1 (it is fully refundable until May 1 as well). Paying your housing fee will allow you to reserve your dorm room. You can submit your enrollment fee and housing fee online by logging into myLipscomb.edu with your Lipscomb email account username and password (if you haven't setup your Lipscomb email account yet, follow these directions now). Once you've logged into myLipscomb.edu, select the "Pay Enrollment and Housing Fees" link in the middle of your screen under the heading "Student Links."
- Keep an eye out for more information from Lipscomb. Once you’ve paid your enrollment fee and housing fee you will:
- Receive instructions about picking a dorm room and roommate.
- Register for Advance orientation when it opens at the beginning of March. Only students who have paid the enrollment fee may register for Advance. Follow the links below to learn more about Advance.
- If you are a TRANSFER STUDENT, academic advising will take place throughout the spring and summer. Contact your recruiter to learn more.
Freshman Transfer New Student Express
- Join the “I’m coming to Lipscomb in 2016” Facebook group to stay in the loop and connect with your classmates.
- Try to improve your ACT/SAT scores. Lipscomb only considers your best test scores, which means you can qualify for better scholarships even after you’ve been admitted. We even administer the Residual ACT right here on campus.
- Review your financial aid package when you receive it in late March. We will send you your official financial aid package in late March. If you are admitted after March, you'll receive your financial aid package about two weeks after you are admitted.
- If you are a first-time freshman, your college experience will begin with QuestWeek in August. Everyone in your class will arrive on campus a week before regular classes start in order to get to know each other, Lipscomb, and Nashville. QuestWeek is required for all freshmen and all transfers under the age of 21. The Quest Team will keep you busy with games, field trips, and important info sessions, and your freshmen seminar class will meet twice this week as well. QuestWeek will be one of the best experiences of your freshman year!