Nashville is a hit song with many verses!
One of the great things about attending or working at Lipscomb is Nashville. And, yes, it is the world’s country music capital (and bluegrass, and gospel, and jazz, and …) We’re proud of that.
But it is also a health care center with hundreds of health care companies that, for instance, manage most of the hospital beds in America! It is an academic center with almost two dozen institutions of higher learning. It is the state’s capitol. It’s a place that arguably has more guitars and more churches per capita than any other place on earth. We have teams competing in the NFL (our Tennessee Titans) and the NHL (Go Predators!) plus other professional sports teams like the Nashville Sounds baseball team.
And the accolades keep streaming in. Here are a few:
- #5 Forbes Best Place for Business and Careers
- #6 Daily Beast top 15 Aspirational Cities
- Top 8 CNN’s business-friendly cities, based on our low cost of living and cooperative atmosphere
- #2 Manpower Group Best Cities for Jobs
- #10 BusinessClimate.com Hotspots for Information Technology Jobs
Finally, Nashville is easy to travel to and from with three major interstates and airport. There are not too many places in the country that can’t be reached in just a few hours from here.
So come here for a great education, a great job, a great life!