Lipscomb Academy Employment Information
The mission of the Lipscomb Academy is to serve its students so that they may master knowledge and skills appropriate to them and become Christlike in attitude and behavior.
Positions currently available:
Faculty Positions currently available:
Thank you for your interest in teaching at Lipscomb Academy. Minimum qualifications for a candidate are a bachelor's degree, teaching certification in their subject area (or areas), and active membership in the Church of Christ.
AP Biology/ Science Teacher
For information regarding employment other than teaching -- secretarial, maintenance, etc., please contact the Lipscomb University Human Resources office at 615.966.7007.
Requirements for becoming an approved substitute:
- Complete the application found here: https://secure.lipscomb.edu/academy/form/detail/1638 and check each school (elementary, middle, and/or high) in which you would like to sub.
- A background check is required. You will be contacted regarding the background check after the application is received.
- Completed W-4 and I-9 Forms must be completed before your first day of subbing. Please complete these as soon as possible. The completed forms must be returned to the Headmaster's office before you will be placed on the approved substitute list.
- The Form I-9 requires you to complete section 1 on or before your first day of employment and present original unexpired documents from the Lists of Acceptable Documents (see the Form I-9 attached for the list of acceptable documents). The Form I-9 and acceptable documents must be presented in person.
- A teaching certificate is not required to substitute teach.
- Transcripts are not required for substitutes.
Once these steps are completed, your name will be placed on our approved substitute list.