Lipscomb Academy Employment Information
Lipscomb Academy is an intentionally Christian community with a mission to equip students to love to learn, learn to love, and live to serve.
Thank you for your interest in teaching at Lipscomb Academy. Minimum qualifications for candidates are a bachelor's degree, teaching certification in their subject area (or areas), and active membership in the Church of Christ. Please click the link below to complete the faculty application.
Current Position Available:
- Elementary School Library/Media Specialist: Lipscomb Academy Elementary School seeks an innovative full-time librarian to work with students in grades PK-4. The candidate should have an in-depth knowledge of how to develop and organize a library program and informational resources to meet the developmental needs of elementary school students and the professional needs of teachers. The Librarian/Media Specialist must work collaboratively with teachers to implement programs to encourage reading for enjoyment, as well as design interdisciplinary units through the integration of literacy skills. Familiarity with technology resources is essential. The willingness to provide professional development for faculty in the use of information and digital literacy tools is encouraged.
- Elementary School Teacher: Lipscomb Academy Elementary School seeks a dynamic and innovative full-time teacher, beginning in August 2015. The position requires a compassionate, flexible, creative, and energetic individual to work closely with students, parents, fellow teachers, and administrators to support the mission of the school.
- High School Math Teacher - Lipscomb Academy High School seeks an experienced full-time teacher whose primary responsibility is to teach advanced math. Requirements: Certified in Math 7-12. Experience preferably in high school math teaching upper level courses. This position could possibly include department chair duties in which case multiple years of experience in both teaching and leadership would be required.
For information regarding employment other than teaching -- secretarial, maintenance, etc., please contact the Lipscomb University Human Resources office at 615.966.7007.
Requirements for becoming an approved substitute:
- Complete the application found here: https://secure.lipscomb.edu/academy/form/detail/1638 and check each school (elementary, middle, and/or high) in which you would like to substitute.
- Successful candidates must undergo a criminal background check and show proof of identity and authorization to work in the United States.
- A teaching certificate is not required to substitute teach.
- Transcripts are not required for substitutes.