Our Approach to Academics
At Lipscomb Academy, our mission is to create an unparalleled academic experience that engages students to love to learn, learn to love, and live to serve. We continuously seek to create a joyful but challenging atmosphere infused with unique learning experiences and have the added benefit of our partnership with Lipscomb University. From Pre-Kindergarten through high school, each carefully selected teacher has a passion for teaching and a deep commitment to helping students grow in knowledge and maturity.
By the Numbers
- Five AP Scholars in the Class of 2016 and a National Merit Finalist
- A perfect ACT score in the Class of 2016 with an average score of 25
- Students engaged in a total of 320 AP and Dual Enrollment Courses
- Our Academic Top 10 Percent of seniors average a 3.98 GPA
- More than $25 million in scholarships awarded to the class of 2015
Lipscomb Academy is the only school in Middle Tennessee connected to a university, allowing our students countless opportunities to learn from college professors at Lipscomb University and to also take college courses with college students. On our campus, teachers average 14 years of teaching experience and more than 60 percent have a Master’s degrees or higher. In all, Lipscomb Academy’s commitment to superior academics ensures students are exposed to unique learning opportunities in a supportive but challenging environment.
As you consider the educational future for your child, we invite you to visit our campus to learn more about our approach to education.