IGNITE-Business is available to 10-12th grade students who are interested in pursuing careers in fields such as accounting, finance, marketing, entrepreneurship, management, or other related fields. Students will be exposed to high-quality, specialized learning and hands-on experiences through Lipscomb University and community partners.
To be considered for admittance, students must fill out an application, submit a reference form from a current teacher, and have at least a 3.0 average.
- Students must accumulate 10 credits of learning experiences during their time in IGNITE.
- During the year-long program, students must have at least 5 different types of learning experiences.
- Students must maintain a portfolio of their learning experiences and give a capstone presentation.
Examples of possible learning experiences for IGNITE-Business
- Workshops presented by Lipscomb University’s College of Business
- Attending business breakfasts at Lipscomb University to have meaningful conversations with business leaders in our community
- Roundtable discussions with students and professors in the business department at Lipscomb University
- Discussions surrounding business ethics
- Fieldtrips to various types of business to compare large and small businesses
- Films or movies and panel discussions to gain better understanding of business areas of study
- Students may also submit their own ideas for learning experiences. These must be approved by the Director of the program.
Portfolio/ Capstone Presentation: Students are required to maintain a portfolio detailing their IGNITE experiences. Students will be required to give a capstone presentation at the year-end reception.
How do I apply for IGNITE? Please see the instructions posted at the bottom of the IGNITE homepage.