iNow Rules and Guidelines - Middle School
Responsible Use of Technology:
iPad and Cell Phone Rules and Guidelines
Lipscomb Academy Middle School
Students at LAMS have iPads for educational purposes and many also have cell phones for communication purposes. These guidelines pertain to both.
Student Daily Responsibilities:
Make these part of your daily routine.
- The iPad should arrive at school everyday with a fully charged battery and a power adapter.
- The iPad should always be in the case.
- The iPad should always be placed on a stable and flat surface-Never place the iPad on the floor.
- The iPad should never be left unattended.
- The iPad should be labeled with student name.
- Students are not allowed to play games at school at any time. This is a new rule for 2016!
Use your iPad as a responsible student:
- Read and follow the Lipscomb Academy Acceptable Use Policy located in the student handbook.
- Use your iPad for teacher approved activities ONLY.
- Students are only allowed to visit websites approved by the teacher or directly related to the topic the teacher assigns.
- If a student accidentally goes to a website with inappropriate content, hit the back button and let the teacher know immediately!
- The iPad is the responsibility of the student. Do not allow anyone to use your iPad. Students are not allowed to share without teacher approval.
- Sound should be turned off unless directed otherwise by the the teacher.
- Do not use the iPad camera to take, forward, or view inappropriate pictures or movies.
- Do not use the iPad for capturing, forwarding, or viewing images of someone without his or her knowledge and permission. In other words, a student must ask for permission before taking a picture of another student, even if they are friends.
- Do not take a picture of anyone without permission of a teacher.
- Do not visit websites with inappropriate content.
- Do not access or send information from another student’s email account, imessage, text, or apps.
- Do not impersonate another person online.
- Do not delete history or intentionally try to cover up inappropriate use of the iPad.
- Do not jailbreak the iPad.
- Do not use earphones in the hallways - earphones are only allowed in classrooms with teacher permission..
**Students are not allowed to send or receive texts during the school day on any device.
Guidelines for Parents
Lipscomb Academy uses technology for educational purposes. School is not the place for playing games, texting, or using other forms of social media. Parents should take these guidelines seriously and support the philosophy of keeping all forms of inappropriate use out of the school day. Please understand that allowing your child to have access to certain apps, games and other programs are a temptation for students during the school day. Parents are encouraged to limit these temptations!
- Students at LAMS are not allowed to use cellphones without teacher permission. Therefore, do not text your child during school hours, 7:45-3:00 because cell phones are off limits to students. You may leave a message for your child by calling our office at 615-966-1785. Please know that if a student is caught checking messages on his or her phone during the school day, discipline action will be taken regardless of who the student is communicating with.
- Students will be disciplined at school for inappropriate use of technology. Students are Lipscomb students 24 hours a day. This ranges from demerits to suspension of the student, technology, or both.
- Students using Snapchat, Instagram or other social media platforms during the school day will automatically receive 10 demerits, which constitutes Afternoon School. Subsequent violations may result in punishment such as in school suspension, out of school suspension, or expulsion.
**Lipscomb Academy reserves the right to suspend technology from school if a student cannot follow the rules. When an iPad or cell phone is suspended from school, the student receives 10 demerits and Afternoon School.