iNow Purchasing Information
Lipscomb Academy Middle School and High School require families to provide an iPad for their student to use during the school day. Please see the iNow Parent Page for information regarding support, helps, and restrictions for school iPads.
What type of iPad is required?
Minimally - an iPad Air *Wi-Fi with at least 32 GB of Memory
Minimally - an iPad Mini 2 *Wi-Fi with at least 32 GB of Memory
Any current model iPad with more memory is acceptable.
High School students only will be allowed to use a MacBook in place of an iPad. Families that choose this option need to be aware that a MacBook battery may not last the entire day. These students will be responsible for power management.
For the 2016-2017 school year, we will continue to make an exception for an iPad to be used with only 16 GB of memory as long as the student does not experience problems with storage. Any future storage problems on a 16 GB iPad will require the purchase of an iPad with 32 GB of memory.
*We do not recommend purchasing a cellular option with your iPad. Students will not be allowed to use cellular connections at school.
What is required in addition to the iPad?
- A case with hard corner protection (we are recommending the Griffin Survivor case)
- Damage coverage - AppleCare or Care2 from simply mac (formerly MacAuthority)
- simply mac will allow you to purchase the Care2 warranty with previously purchased unopened iPads. An opened iPad will have to be inspected by one of their technicians before they will cover it.
Where can we buy?
- simply mac (formerly MacAuthority)
- simply mac has set up a purchasing portal for Lipscomb Academy families at this link. This will allow registration and then purchasing of an iPad with minimum specifications (Wi-Fi only), recommended Care2 damage coverage, an optional Griffin case, and optional engraving.
- simply mac can provide 6 months financing with no interest (more info here). Zero interest financing is not available through their e-commerce site; you will have to go to the store.
- The Apple Store - Green Hills Mall or Cool Springs Galleria.
- Apple Online
- Other retail or online stores
What costs can we expect?
- As of January 2016, the iPad Mini 2 with 32 GB Wifi is $319. The iPad Air with 32 GB WiFi is $449.
- AppleCare or Care2 is $99.
- The Griffin survivor case usually retails for $59.99 to $79.99 but can usually be purchased for much less through Amazon, simply mac or other retailers.
- You may be asked to purchase apps. We will make a determined effort to use free apps when available and keep requests for app purchases to a minimum.