Summer Camps at Lipscomb Academy
By kc/pws on 3/11/2014
Lipscomb Academy offers more than 70 summer camps
From Legos to labs, summer is a time for laid-back learning
Registration is now open for Lipscomb Academy’s Summer Experience, with a roster of more than 80 camps, classes and experiences designed for students from pre-K through high school.
As a follow-up to its popular summer series last year, when enrollment doubled, this year’s camps and classes include academic skills development in grammar, math, scientific reasoning and more; camps in more than half a dozen sports including cheerleading; arts camps including drama, painting and GarageBand; and some camps that defy category such as Italian, cooking, fly fishing and magic.
New camps being offered include:
- Artists-in-training, an all-day camp for middle schoolers;
- Global Awareness, training in cross-cultural appreciation using poverty as the text;
- Mock trial, a legal camp with judges, juries and other aspects of the legal system;
- Italian Made Fun, a camp to learn simple conversational Italian, culture and cuisine;
- ACT preparation for rising sophomores;
- Study Skills, a camp that teaches study habits for success; and
- Ready, Set, Grow, a unique camp to introduce preschoolers to their upcoming first week at school.
In addition, the academy has made the selection and registration process easier with a new online catalog at summerexperience.org with information about each camp, frequent updates and online registration.
“The Summer Experience strives to meet the parents’ needs as well as the students’ interests in every realm from the arts to athletics, from academic areas to unique hobbies and interests,” said Franklin Bennett, Summer Experience director. “Whether your child likes indoors or outdoors, reading or math, crafts or sports, they can find a summer camp to their liking.”
The 10 weeks of classes begin May 27 and end Aug. 1. Tuition varies depending on the duration of the camp, activities involved and needed supplies, but most are weeklong and range from $35 to $200. For more information or to register, go to summerexperience.org.