The Seed School at Lipscomb Academy
A unique Christian pre-K and kindergarten environment where young minds seek, explore, experiment and discover the world around them.
The first few years of learning set the stage for the many years of learning to come. At Lipscomb Academy, we believe these early years contribute to children’s development of many essential skills that support social competence and creative problem solving, as well as foster a love of learning that endures for a lifetime.
The Seed School at Lipscomb Academy is an innovative approach to pre-K and kindergarten that creates a unique environment where children are encouraged to be inquisitive, adventurous and creative, while learning from caring teachers in a safe setting and developing a belief and relationship with God that will carry them into adulthood.
We expect children to think critically and act responsibly, and in doing so offer them the room they need to thrive in unique and challenging situations, as well as grow in ways that will make a world of difference as they move into first grade and beyond.
At the Seed School children seek, explore, experiment and discover in ways that encourage and embrace knowledge, as well as individuality, in wonderful and exciting ways. Let us introduce you to our school...a place where we nurture growth, feed curiosity, develop roots and reach new heights.
Planting seeds and nurturing growth.
These first years are important to you. And they are important to us. It is during this time children have the greatest capacity and appetite to learn. And we take pride in being a part of their education as well as their daily lives. At the Seed School, our entire program seeks to support and nurture young children—and their families—in a safe and welcoming environment as they begin the journey of becoming life-long learners.
• Safe—we offer separate drop off and pick up; a separate playground; children are greeted daily at the door by the teacher; a certified RN is on campus; visible security
• Child-centered—developmental play and active learning centers; children's work prominently displayed; child-friendly access to materials
• Warm and welcoming—loving dedicated teachers; bright cheerful rooms; shared common space
Feeding childhood curiosity.
The innate curiosity of each child is the beginning of learning. We transform this curiosity into a passion for learning, creating independent and enthusiastic students. Our teachers implement research-based curriculum where curiosity and questions develop into hands-on learning experiences.
• A university connection—learning partnerships with Lipscomb University that include Institute for Sustainability's organic kinder "gardens," biology and chemistry student learning labs; School of Education-led trainings and research
• Experiential learning—field trips (in house and off-site); learning gardens, thematic celebrations; technology tools (iPads®, interactive whiteboards; document cameras in classrooms); hands-on science labs; Orff musical instrument instruction
• An inquiry-based approach—curricular studies influenced by student questions and interests; an environment that fosters problem solving, critical thinking, creative reasoning and contextual learning
Developing strong roots.
Our faith and belief in God is an important part of our school and the way we teach. As young learners, that belief is an important part of how they learn. As students get older they are guided to develop their own faith and relationship with God. Children actively participate in daily Bible activities, prayer, praise and service learning. We feel the strength of a plant lies in its roots, as does the strength of a child. The spiritual and character formation of children is central to our school's daily practices and mission.
We believe in:
• God—integrated Bible curriculum; weekly all-school chapel; on-campus Director of Spiritual Formation
• Service Learning—as children advance in grades, hands-on service learning projects; partnerships with Mission Lazarus
• Home and school connection—parents are invited to be a part of their child's education; on-site parenting seminars
• Guidance programs—Steps to Respect curriculum; Olweus Bullying Prevention program; on-site guidance counselor
Reaching new heights.
Lipscomb Academy is a college preparatory, academically-rich coeducational school that has become the largest of the almost 100 private schools in Middle Tennessee. We have a proud heritage of education, service and competitive spirit.
• Academic achievement—certified teachers (75% with advanced degrees); 100% of kindergarten students are reading by the end of school year
• Enriched opportunities—after school explorations; reading specialist and learning enhancement programs
• Special areas: music, library, Spanish, physical education and art led by certified instructors
• High expectations—language, reading and math readiness are core components of the program; understanding science through the world around us and importance of living in a community with others are taught intentionally through our children's inquisitive nature
Come grow with us.
We have planted the seeds for what we believe will be the leading educational pre-K and kindergarten school in the area. Be a part of what we have started and grow with us as we seek, explore, experiment and discover. For more information or for a tour of our school, contact Jennifer Green at 615.966.6320 or email@example.com
Have questions? Please check out our SEED School Fast Facts page.