Lipscomb Academy is committed to creating an unparalleled academic environment that prepares students for the future. We continuously seek to create a positive, challenging atmosphere infused with unique learning experiences made possible through the schools’ affiliation with a respected, accredited university. From Pre-Kindergarten through high school, each carefully selected teacher has a heart for teaching and a deep commitment to helping students grow in knowledge and maturity.
Results clearly demonstrate our commitment to academic success:
- 99% of Lipscomb Academy graduates are college bound
- The average student SAT score is over 1794
- Three National Merit Semi-Finalists were announced in 2012
- $4.5 million in scholarships were awarded in 2012
- Lipscomb Academy received the 2009 Governor’s Award for Excellence in Environmental Education
- Nearly 70% of students graduate with college credit
- In 2011, over 50% of 6th graders qualified for The Duke Talent Identification Program scoring at or above the 90th percentile.
Lipscomb Academy offers more than 40 advanced classes including 12 Advanced Placement, 9 Honors and 4 Dual Credit classes. Teachers average 17 years of teaching experience, and more than 60% have Master’s degrees or higher. Lipscomb Academy’s affiliation with Lipscomb University provides for educational experiences not available anywhere else in the region. For example, students may have the opportunity to conduct scientific experiments or explore medical questions inside a state-of-the-art university science laboratory. The affiliation also creates cost efficiencies keeping tuition lower than other independent schools, making Lipscomb Academy not just the right academic choice, but also the right financial one.
In all, Lipscomb Academy’s commitment to superior academics ensures students are exposed to unique learning opportunities in a positive and supportive environment.