Awards & Honors
Although we are confident in our preparation of students to boldly embrace their tomorrows, Lipscomb University is also recognized by others for our quality education and for giving our students the tools they need to grow.
- Lipscomb University is one of the 7 percent of schools in the nation classified as a Carnegie Foundation doctoral university.
- The College of Business’ undergraduate program has been ranked one of the top 100 in the nation by Bloomberg Businessweek in its Best Undergraduate Business Schools 2016 ranking.
- The College of Education was named the 2016 Model of Excellence in Partnerships by the Association of Independent Liberal Arts Colleges for Teacher Education.
- The College of Pharmacy was listed by the National Association of Boards of Pharmacy as one of only ten colleges of pharmacy nationwide to obtain a 100 percent pass rate in 2015 on the Multistate Pharmacy Jurisprudence Examination.
- In 2016, for the second year in a row, Lipscomb University was named to the Kiplinger Personal Finance list of 100 best values in private universities.
- With an overall ranking of 18 in the Regional Universities-South category, U.S. News and World Report’s “2016 America’s Best Colleges” guidebook included Lipscomb among the South’s nine most innovative universities and named the college one of the best in the region for veterans and one of the top “A+ Schools for B Students.”
- The university was ranked No. 9 in the nation by College Choice in its 2015 Best Christian Colleges & Universities ranking.
- Lipscomb's College of Education was ranked the No. 15 best value in the nation by the National Council on Teacher Quality. In addition, the college was ranked among NCTQ's 35 "Top Colleges for Content Preparation" in the nation.
- The College of Business’ Master of Business Administration program is ranked among the 74 best in the nation by Bloomberg Businessweek.
- The School of Music has achieved All-Steinway School status, a designation awarded by Steinway & Sons to universities, conservatories and other schools of distinction that use all Steinway pianos. Only 171 institutions around the world have this designation in 2015.
- For the first time, Lipscomb University was named to the Kiplinger Personal Finance list of 100 best values in private universities for 2015.
- The National Science Foundation awarded the Raymond B. Jones College of Engineering a $661,517 Scholarship in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics grant to fund programs and scholarships to recruit and prepare potential students from three local community colleges to pursue engineering degrees at Lipscomb or other four-year colleges.
- Human Resources MB named Lipscomb University one of the Top 50 Most Affordable Small Colleges for an HR Degree in 2015.For the third year in a row, Lipscomb was named a Christian College of Distinction.
- For the fifth year in a row, data in Tennessee's Report Card on the Effectiveness of Teacher Training Programs indicates that Lipscomb’s College of Education is one of the most effective teacher preparation programs in the state, consistently producing new teachers who outperform veteran teachers based on value-added scores.
- Lipscomb has been approved as a Center for Play Therapy Education by the Association for Play Therapy, one of only 30 such centers in the world.
- Military Advanced Education awarded Lipscomb the designation of a “Top Military-Friendly University” in its newly released “2015 Guide to Military-Friendly Colleges & Universities.”
- Lipscomb University ranks 23rd among the top Christian universities in the nation, according to the 2015 Niche Ranking.
- Lipscomb University ranked 16th among the Top 50 Best Christian Colleges and Universities in 2015 according to Christian Universities Online.
- Best Colleges.com awarded Lipscomb University one of the top 50 America’s Best Urban Colleges.
- In U.S. News & World Report, Lipscomb University ranked within the Top 20 regional universities in the South and was named an “up-and-coming” university in the region. U.S. News also ranked Lipscomb as the second-best regional university in the South for veterans.
- The College of Pharmacy was awarded a National Institutes of Health grant for $660,000. This was the largest research grant in university history and the university’s first NIH grant.
- The College of Education’s secondary teacher preparation program shares the No. 1 ranking in the nation by the National Council on Teacher Quality in their 2014 Teacher Prep Review. The college’s graduate program in the elementary grades was named No. 14 in the nation.
- The Lipscomb Bisons were named the 2013-14 Atlantic Sun Conference Academic Champions with 78.83 percent of the student-athletes on campus posting a 3.0 grade-point average or better.
- For the fourth year in a row, the College of Education was recognized by the Tennessee Higher Education Commission as one of the most effective teacher preparation programs in the state, listed among only five programs in the state. Lipscomb was also recognized as one of the two largest teacher preparation programs among all private universities in the state.
- The HealthyU employee wellness program was named a Healthier Tennessee Workplace by the Governor’s Foundation for Health and Wellness.
- Christian Universities Online named Lipscomb as the 13th best Christian university in the nation in its “50 Best Christian Colleges in the U.S. 2014.”
- Lipscomb was named as a 2014 College of Distinction and a 2014 Christian College of Distinction.
- For the sixth consecutive year, Lipscomb University was designated a Military-Friendly School by “GI Jobs,” a publication of Victory Media, for its veteran services program.
- Lipscomb University was one of only five schools in Tennessee included in the Princeton Review’s 2014 Guide to 322 Green Colleges.
- National Council on Teacher Quality named the College of Education one of only four top teacher training programs in the United States
- Lipscomb University was one of only five schools in Tennessee included in the Princeton Review’s 2013 Guide to 322 Green Colleges.
- The College of Business was ranked 24th in the nation in the Military Times’ 2013 Best for Vets: Business Schools Guide for veterans based on financial aid, academic policies and participation in the Yellow Ribbon Program.
- For the fourth consecutive year, Lipscomb was named in the top 15 percent of military friendly schools on the G.I. Job’s Military Friendly Schools list.
- The Nelson and Sue Andrews Institute for Civic Leadership’s Transit Citizens Leadership Academy received a 2013 Regional Thinking and Action Award recognizing successful examples of growth leadership by Cumberland Region Tomorrow.
- Lipscomb Academy Elementary School was one of only 10 private schools in the nation named a 2013 U.S. Department of Education Green Ribbon School.
- Conducting a three-year review from 2011 to 2013, the Tennessee Higher Education Commissions found Lipscomb to be among the top six programs in the state to have consistently produced teachers who outperform other teachers.
- Lipscomb Academy Elementary School was named national Primary Level School of the Year by National Energy Education Development (NEED) for the school’s environmental sustainability program.
- Lipscomb Academy Elementary School was named the elementary school Primary School of the Year by the Tennessee Department of Environment and Conservation’s Office of Energy Programs.
- Lipscomb Academy Elementary School received a 2013 Tennessee Governor’s Environmental Stewardship Award in the Excellence in Environmental Education and Outreach by Schools.
- Lipscomb University was named in the Top 20 regional universities in the South by U.S. News & World Report
- Lipscomb University was named a top university for lifetime return on investment by Affordable Colleges Online. Lipscomb was ranked eighth out of 185 Tennessee colleges analyzed for the ranking.
- Lipscomb was named a 2013-14 Christian College of Distinction.
- The College of Education was named one of the most effective teacher preparation programs in the state to consistently produce new teachers who outperform veteran teachers based on value-added scores on the 2012 Tennessee Report Card on the Effectiveness of Teacher Training Programs.
- President L. Randolph Lowry was named one of Nashville’s most admired CEOs.
- Lipscomb Academy Elementary School was the only elementary school in the nation to receive a 2012 SeaWorld & Busch Gardens Environmental Excellence Award.
- Lipscomb achieved the Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching Community Engagement Classification, one of only 311 (or almost 8 percent) of universities in the nation to do so.