Awards & Honors
Although we are confident in our preparation of students to boldly embrace their tomorrows, Lipscomb University is recognized by others for our quality education and for giving our students the tools they need to grow.
- National Council on Teacher Quality named the College of Education’s secondary teacher preparation program as the No. 2 top teacher prep program in the United States. The college’s graduate program in the elementary grades was named No. 14 in the nation.
- Lipscomb University was one of only five schools in Tennessee included in the Princeton Review’s 2014 Guide to 322 Green Colleges.
- The Lipscomb Bisons were named the 2013-14 Atlantic Sun Conference Academic Champions with 78.83 percent of the student-athletes on campus posting a 3.0 grade-point average or better.
- National Council on Teacher Quality named the College of Education one of only four top teacher training programs in the United States
- Lipscomb University was one of only five schools in Tennessee included in the Princeton Review’s 2013 Guide to 322 Green Colleges.
- The College of Business was ranked 24th in the nation in the Military Times’ 2013 Best for Vets: Business Schools Guide for veterans based on financial aid, academic policies and participation in the Yellow Ribbon Program.
- For the fourth consecutive year, Lipscomb was named in the top 15 percent of military friendly schools on the G.I. Job’s Military Friendly Schools list.
- The Nelson and Sue Andrews Institute for Civic Leadership’s Transit Citizens Leadership Academy received a 2013 Regional Thinking and Action Award recognizing successful examples of growth leadership by Cumberland Region Tomorrow.
- Lipscomb Academy Elementary School was one of only 10 private schools in the nation named a 2013 U.S. Department of Education Green Ribbon School.
- Conducting a three-year review from 2011 to 2013, the Tennessee Higher Education Commissions found Lipscomb to be among the top six programs in the state to have consistently produced teachers who outperform other teachers.
- Lipscomb Academy Elementary School was named national Primary Level School of the Year by National Energy Education Development (NEED) for the school’s environmental sustainability program.
- Lipscomb Academy Elementary School was named the elementary school Primary School of the Year by the Tennessee Department of Environment and Conservation’s Office of Energy Programs.
- Lipscomb Academy Elementary School received a 2013 Tennessee Governor’s Environmental Stewardship Award in the Excellence in Environmental Education and Outreach by Schools.
- Lipscomb University was named in the Top 20 regional universities in the South by U.S. News & World Report
- Lipscomb University was named a top university for lifetime return on investment by Affordable Colleges Online. Lipscomb was ranked eighth out of 185 Tennessee colleges analyzed for the ranking.
- The College of Education was named one of the most effective teacher preparation programs in the state to consistently produce new teachers who outperform veteran teachers based on value-added scores on the 2012 Tennessee Report Card on the Effectiveness of Teacher Training Programs.
- President L. Randolph Lowry was named one of Nashville’s most admired CEOs.
- Lipscomb Academy Elementary School was the only elementary school in the nation to receive a 2012 SeaWorld & Busch Gardens Environmental Excellence Award.
- Lipscomb achieved the Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching Community Engagement Classification, one of only 311 (or almost 8 percent) of universities in the nation to do so.