Certificate in Student Ministry
Hazelip School of Theology's Certificate in Student Ministry is a 15-hour program created for anyone involved in youth ministry, from youth ministers and elders to volunteers and pastors. This series of unique courses will help you better teach, lead, and understand the younger worshipers in your congregation. The pragmatic collaboration of topics and experts delivers hands-on, real-life applications you can use every day.
Through this certificate course offering, you will:
- learn about psychosocial development of adolescents
- distinguish differing spiritual, emotional and ministry needs between early, middle and late adolescents
- gain tools to navigate congregational family conflict
- understand family systems
- adapt your ministry to meet needs more effectively
- educate yourself on the most current issues in student ministry
- apply organizational life cycle theory to ministry system
Our course offerings will be convenient, offered at Youth Ministry conferences as well as online. The first course (Intro to Youth & Family Ministry) is offered at the annual National Conference of Youth Ministry in Colorado Spring, Colorado.
The entire program is listed below.
- Introduction to Youth & Family Ministry
- Conflict and Family Systems
- Current Issues in Student Ministry
- Participation in Internship or HST Elective
- Adolescent Spirituality
If you would like to apply for this certificate outside of a specific degree, click here for more information on how to do that.
For an overview brochure, click here.